Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oh My Sprouts!

K. Not a good shot, but if you see on the bottom
half of the picture are my cucumbers sprouting happily! They were moved from their pete discs over into these egg-cartonesque pots today. This was a bigger undertaking than I had planned for. I moved about 20 sprouts to their respective containers today during my son's nap, it took about 45 minutes to mix the new pete with water, saturate the pots, place the sprouts and cover them. My daughter needed attention and didn't want to participate (cranky!) so I needed to stop after a bit. Then before I knew it my son was up and at 'em and the evening cranked up to dinner, baths, and bedtime. It was not the best day for 'family greening' work - I still have about 50 to go. I will make a go for another chunk of sprout transfers tomorrow. Let's see if the little ones are in a better mood tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment