Monday, April 18, 2011

CSA Alternative in the Works!

We are working on planting our sustainable garden seeds. This process has been easier than I thought it would be, and I was able to enlist the help of my almost 4 year old daughter with no problems. Some of my seeds were purchased from Whole Foods Market, some were a gift from a friend who is starting a beautiful garden, and some were from the organic seeds that Lowe's has to offer. The planter shown here is made of plastic, and although i'm trying not to be paranoid about plastic, i did line the tray with paper towels to minimize direct contact between the pete moss and the plastic tray. it made me feel better. If i start to have nightmares about it i will transfer these little guys to a wooden starter tray. I'd like to post my experiences with the garden here, so there will be a labels tag on this blog named "Gardening Journal" that you can click to follow my gardening process. Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment