Thursday, February 3, 2011

1 Crockpot, 2 Hours, and 3 less things to Wash





Hmmm...i'd say i was making strides toward this month's goal of simplifying my life ;) I have been using a crockpot given to me as a wedding gift 7 years ago and have discovered a surprising partner in my conservation efforts!


This Faberware Nutristeam has proven to be deliciously minimalist in many respects.


Recently i made a chicken and wild rice soup with carrots, garlic, celery, onions and herb de provence for myself and the kids.


When it was time to clean up the kitchen, i realized i did not have to wash the usual suspects; one pot for vegetables, another for rice/pasta, and a baking dish or pan for turkey meatloaf/chicken.


Just 1 Crockpot! ....and our bowls and spoons and our drinking cups, of course-but much much simpler :)




I have saved time, energy (made 1 dish that saved 3 mealtimes worth of cooking on the stove top and in oven for me and the kids) money, water (by not having to wash those extra pots), and sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment