Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Minimizing and Agonizing

The next phase of our decluttering project has commenced and will end in an event that is contreversial. This weekend we will have a dumpster dropped off on our front yard and picked up after 48 hours. I've consulted with a couple of friends who have suggested I put an add out on freecycle or have local charitable organizations come to pick up what we have. I didn't even think of doing this, mostly because I in the past I have been notorious for not being able to organize something like this well enough in advance to make it work to benefit anyone other than myself. As I write this I realize that this is the pudding that i must put the proof in. Convenience would have me dumping everything I don't want in the house anymore without much thought. How can I make getting rid of my extra "stuff" easier for myself and also beneficial to a community at large, and eco-friendly? I am busy, have 2 little kids, and have limited hours in the day. I don't know how i'm going to make planning for freecycling or donations easier, because i used the box and banish method of decluttering weeks ago. So this means I have a sea of containers, bags, and boxes of stuff that are not categorized in the basement. I have 3 1/2 days. Hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment