Sunday, November 28, 2010

Paper Towel Saga Continues...

I ventured away from Whole Foods grocery shopping to attempt to save gasoline and went to a local supermarket that carries a limited selection of organic and green products and found these towels! I have made a switch to buying 100% recycled paper towels, but i feel i could still do better. Made from bamboo and corn viscose, i thought i'd try these as an alternative to the paper towels. They are wonderful. I used and reused them, and they have retained their integrity. I have yet to toss them into the laundry. The best part is that they are biodegradable ! I can toss them into my future compost bin :-) I will see how long my first two towels, shown above, will last; i will keep you posted. I took the liberty of looking up whether viscose was safe. I will try to find a Litrax paper towel alternative as from my preliminary research it looks like the processing used for Litrax bamboo linens seems to be 100% natural .

No comments:

Post a Comment